Introduction to ERP and SAP® PP
* What is ERP and SAP® PP
* Purpose for SAP® and ERP
* Different modules in SAP®
* Role of a SAP® PP Consultant
Overview of Production Process
* Order to Cash – Cycle
* Types of data in SAP®
* Organizational Structure in SAP®
* Manufacturing Types
* SAP® Navigation
* Organizational layout of Material Master.
* Prerequisites to creating Material Master.
* Various methods of creating MMR.
* Classification of Material Master.
* Batch management using classification.
* Variant configuration using classification.
* How to update/change Material Master.
* Mass maintenance of Material Master.
* Archiving and deletion process for Material Master.
Bill of Materials
*Organizational layout of Bill of material.
*Low level coding.
*Maintenance of Bill of material.
*Validity process and changing an active Bill of material.
*Archiving and deletion process of BOM.
*Comparative reporting tools for bill of material.
*Structure and purpose of the work center.
*Purpose of the standard value key and standard values.
*Purpose of defaults in the work center.
*Capacities and their maintenance.
*Reference work center.
*Use reference and pooled capacities.
*Work center and costing integration.
Task List and Routing
*Different types of task lists.
*Integration points of the task list.
*Assigning manufactured items to routings.
*Allocate material components to operations.
*Functions of sub-operations.
*Retrieve additional fields in operations
*Engineering change management.
*Mass Changes in Routing.
Advance Bill of Materials
*Phantom BOM and its functions.
*Mass Change BOMs.
*Product Structure Browser.
*Alternative Manufacturing Processes.
*Reference operation sets and its use.
*Material Master update using lead time Scheduling.
*Interoperation times in the routing.
*Overlapping for a continuous manufacturing process
*Scrap and its Effects.
*Production Resources and Tools.
*Benefits of Engineering Workbench.
*Work Area and its customizing.
*Objects in Work Area.
*Configuration activities surrounding the BOM header.
*Configuration activities surrounding the BOM items.
Work Center Customizing
*Work Center Category.
*Configuration of WC Formulas.
*Number Range customizing for Routing.
*Maintain Task List types.
*Standard Value description in operation overview.
*Profile with default values.
*Material Type assignment.
*Task List Usage.
Material Type Customizing
*Customize new Material Types.
*Material Number Range Assignment.
*Field Selection Control.
Org Data Customizing
*Purpose of Plant and its customizing
*Purpose of Storage Location and its customizing.
*MRP areas and its customizing
Material Requirement Planning (MRP)
*Basics of MRP.
*Planning levels in Consumption based planning.
*Prerequisites for executing Consumption based planning.
*Difference between consumption based planning and MRP.
*MRP types in a SAP system.
*MRP data in a Material master.
*Material Status and its customizing.
*Planning File Entry
*Process of Consumption based planning
*Control parameters of MRP run
*Plant and MRP group Parameter’s customizing.
*Lot Size Procedures
*Lot Size Rounding Profile
*Minimum and Maximum Lot Sizes
*Safety stock partially available
*Dynamic Safety stock
*Period Profile for the Safety Time
*What is Quota Arrangement
*Quota Arrangement Usage
*Quota in MRP
*Minimum Splitting Quantity
*Lot sizes in Quota Arrangement
*Maximum and Minimum Lot Sizes
*Maximum quantity in Quota
*Scheduling for in-house production
*Scheduling for External procurement
*Customizing settings for Scheduling
*Reduction and Scheduling adjustment
*Changing dependent requirement dates
*Planned independent requirements.
*Planned dependent requirements.
*Planning strategy for make-to-stock production.
*Planning Strategy 10.
*Planning Strategy 30.
*Planning Strategy 40.
*Planning Strategy 70.
*Planning Strategy 20 – Pure make-to-order.
*Planning Strategy 50 – Planning without final assembly.
*Planning Strategy 81 – Assembly processing in Rep. manufacturing.
*Planning Strategy 82 – Assembly processing with Production orders.
*Planned Independent Requirements Reduction.
*Planning Strategies and PIR reduction.
*Adjusting the Planned independent requirements.
*Reorganizing Planned independent requirements.
*Deleting Planned independent requirements.
*Setting for Material Requirement Planning.
*Customizing of Planning Strategies.
*Availability check using ATP logic.
Master Production Scheduling
* Define Master Schduling items.
* Connection between Master production scheduling and MRP.
* Different ways to firm a planned order.
* Planning time fence.
* Firming types.
* Roll Forward period.
Long Term Planning
* Objectives of Long-term planning.
* Business environment of long-term planning.
* Long term planning scenario.
* Execute long-term planning.
* Capacity planning using long term planning.
* Copy version.
Production Order 1
* Characteristics of order-controlled production using production orders.
* Cross-application process flow.
* Master Data required for Production orders.
* Demo of a Production order.
Production Order 2
* Production order processing.
* Structure and elements of a Production order.
* Navigation in the Production order.
* Important screens and its contents.
Production Order 3
* Activities involved in Production Order creation.
* Different ways to create a Production Order
Production Order 4
* Order types and order type-dependent parameters in Customizing.
* Customizing settings for master data selection.
* Material master settings for master data selection.
* Master data selection process in different situations.
Production Order 5
* Customizing activities for scheduling production orders: define scheduling parameters, define scheduling margins.
* Planned cost of a Production Order.
* Material availability checks.
* Capacity availability checks.
* PRT availability checks.
* Customizing settings required for availability checks.
Capacity Planning in Production Orders
* Usage List for Work Centers.
* Capacity Planning.
* How to release a Production order.
* Order release function.
* Definition and application of a production scheduling profile.
* Function of system and user statuses.
* Header and item statuses.
Printing Order Documents
* Available control options
* Variants for printing production Documents.
* Apply the print functions.
Material Staging and Withdrawl
* Default issue storage location in the production order.
* Material staging.
* Pick List.
* Pull List.
* Confirmation procedures for production orders
* Control parameters for confirmations in Customizing
* Various transactions for the confirmation of production orders.
* Effects of confirmations
* Prerequisites of Goods Receipt
* Post the goods receipt
* Effects of goods receipt posting
* Purpose of Order Settlement.
* People responsible for Order Settlement.
* Result of Order Settlement.
Archiving and Deleting
* Steps to Archive and Delete a PO.
* Settings required for Archiving and deleting
Information System and Mass Processing
* Overview of information systems in the context of production orders.
* Overview of automation and mass processing options for production orders.
* How several individual orders can be linked over a number of levels to create a collective order.
* Estimate where collective orders can be applied, and understand their advantages and limits.
* Structures and functions of collective orders.
* Obtain an overview of the possibilities of integrating the collective
* Process order overview.
* Master data required for Process orders.
* Step by step instructions for complete cycle for a Process order.
PI Sheet Overview
* Types of PI sheets.
* Step by step creation of a PI sheet.
* Characteristics of Repetitive Manufacturing
* Main steps in Repetitive Manufacturing
* Main functions in Repetitive Manufacturing
* Meaning of KANBAN
* Characteristics of KANBAN
* Functions of KANBAN
* Step by step processes of KANBAN
Capacity Requirement Planning
* Basic functions of Capacity Planning.
* Capacity Evaluations.
* Calculation of Capacity requirements.
* Graphical Planning table.
* Customizing of Time profile
* Customizing of Strategy profile.
SAP® PP Tables Ovewview
How to book SAP Certification exam?
SAP® Projects and Ticket Handling
Tips and Tricks